Montag, 14. Dezember 2015

Sugar-free Banana Bread with Walnuts




Everyone has experienced this. You buy a bunch of bananas, eat most of them and the last few end up turning really brown and not so tasty looking. I see three possible solutions to this scenario...



1.) You really like over-ripe bananas and eat them.
2.) You peel them and put them in your freezer for smoothies
3.) You make a gorgeous banana bread!

I will dedicate this blog entry to option number 3.
There are a lot of different types when it comes to banana bread. You can add dried fruits (which I hate), you can add different kinds of nuts or you can make a sugar free one. Again, option 3 is the one I went for.
Seeing as ripe bananas are already really sweet I decided to add dates to the batter for a wee bit more sweetness.
For my sugar-free banana bread you will need:

1 cup of whole grain spelt flour
1/2 cup of non-dairy milk
(mainly to give the dates a base)
1 (very) ripe banana
2-3 dates depending on how sweet you want it
1 tblsp. coconot oil
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
3 tsp. baking powder
chopped walnut
cinnamon
chia seeds


Instructions:


I did mention it before, I will mention it a thousand more times. I believe in mix dry and wet ingredients seperately. I started by blending the dates and the non-dairy milk. I went for soy milk, but you can choose whichever kind you prefer. I blended the dates and milk mainly because I don't like bits of dried fruit in my baked goods in general. I just can't stand the texture. I then proceded to add the coconut oil and lastly threw in the banana. At the same time i mixed the flour and baking powder in a bowl. I poured the banana-dates mixture into the bowl and whisked the ingredients together until I had a smooth batter. Into that batter I threw the chopped walnuts, a bit of chia seeds (can never go wrong with those) and a dash of cinnamon. I do love me a cinnamon-y flavour. I added the vinegar, gave it a last good stir and poured it into my greased baking pan.

Set the oven to 180°C and let it bake for a good 45 minutes then let it cool for another 30.
Et voila! A fabulous sugar-free banana bread.









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen