Sonntag, 13. März 2016

Healthy Soba Noodle Soup




My roommate and I went to an asian super market the other day. Needless to say, we went a bit wild and got lots of spices, different types of tofu and fresh vegetables. My favourite thing about the market was that they even had their own home-made Tofu! 
The sight of this squishy block of goodness made me squeal just a tiny bit. I carried the tofu home like I'd just gotten a puppy.
After we had put the groceries away I did some research on my trusty Pinterest and got some inspiration.



so, here's what I came up with:

1 Block of firm tofu cut into cubes
8 cups vegetable broth
2 tbsp white miso paste
2 oz soba noodles
1 cup finely chopped celery
1 cup spinach (frozen or fresh)
1 cup sliced carrot
1/3 cup frozen big beans
1/4 cup finely chopped scallion
1 tbsp sesame oil (to sautée the tofu)
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/3 cup mixed sprouts



Instructions:
I started by sautéing the tofu along with the sesame seeds until it had a nice golden colour. In the mean time, I brought the broth to boil and stirred in the miso. I then proceded to add the vegetables (except for the sprouts) one at a time remembering their individual cooking time so everything would still have a nice bite to it and wouldn't turn too soft. once everything seemed nice and well cooked, I added the soba noodles which only take about 5 minutes to cook. But don't add the Tofu to the soup! Wait until the soup is ready to serve and add the Tofu along with the sprouts right before eating so won't soak.



I just love a good soup and am pretty happy about the way the soup turned out.

I'm still on the hunt for good recipes involving soba noodles so if you know any, let me know!


xx
-L

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen