Freitag, 13. Mai 2016

Home made Pesto




I don't know about your home country but in germany I've always found it particularly difficult to find a decent vegan Pesto Rosso. There just aren't too many.
Luckily, my Mum got me a food processor so I could make my own Pesto and what can I say, I just like what O came up with.

So, here's how I make Pesto Rosso.
I'm just really not into green Pesto.

You will need:











1 Cup cashews (soaked and drained)
1/2 cup fresh basil leafs
6 pieces of sundried tomato
2 cloves of garlic
2 TBLSP olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Place all your ingredients in your food processor and pulse until smooth. It really is that simple. Note: let your cashews soak for at least three hours.




I love this pesto along with a bowl of Zoodles and rocket. Knowing that I'll have that for dinner never fails to get me through the day. It's just amazing.

On another note: Home made pesto in a nice little mason jar makes a gorgeous gift. Everyone loves a good pesto!

What are your favourite Pesto recipes? Do you know any good brands for store bought vegan pesto?
let me know!


xx
-L

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen