Samstag, 5. März 2016

Quinoa, Lentil & Brussel Sprout Salad


I AM BACK!!!!
I never went anywhere to begin with but you know how life can be and so I ended up not blogging in a while.
But now I am back. Let's hope for good. I'll try.
I've got something pretty amazing for you this week, so let's get started!



I had a very simple roasted brussel sprout dish the other day and ended up on Pinterest (like so many times before) searching for a nice solution for my leftovers. What I found combined almost everything I love and turned out pretty amazing.
Especially during the colder months, like right now, this hearty salad will provide you with all the energy you'll need to survive the cold. Sounding a bit dramatic right there...


For this goodness you will need:

1 cup roasted brussel sprouts
1/3 cup Quinoa
1/3 cup lentils
1/4 cup Chick Peas
1 TBSP Sesame Seeds
1/2 TSP Curry Powder
1/2 TSP Ground Kumin
Lemon Juice
Salt And Pepper to taste



All you have to do is cook your quinoa and lentils like instructed (mainly because I had already roasted my brussel sprouts) and assemble your salad. The lemon juice will prevent the whole dish from being a bit too dry. You can also roast about 1/3 cup of scallions along with your brussel sprouts to add that onion-y flavour. Also, if you let the lentils soak for a couple of hours, they'll be easier to digest!

I really love this salad because it's delicious and very healthy PLUS it's perfect for pre-cooking and taking it with you to work/school/uni/you name it.

It's so good to be back! Have you noticed the tiny changes I made? Let me know!

xx
-L

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen