Sonntag, 24. April 2016

Home made grapefruit-carrot juice with ginger







Today I thought I'd get out the old trusty juicer. I love that thing. Except for the fact that you use it for a good three minutes to make juice and have to clean it for 20 minutes afterwards. That's the main reason I only use once every week. I read about a good alternative that involves blending the ingredients and using a cheese cloth to juice them but since I do have a juicer I thought: why not use it?



These are the ingredients:





1 grapefruit, 3 carrots, ginger (I used a piece that had approx. the size of my thumb), water to thin it down


Except for the grapefruit, which has to be free from any skin you don't have to peel your ingredients which comes in handy when you're lazy - like me.
You can vary the amount on ingredients you put in there depending on how you like your juice or how much you're making. I made half a maison jar and added water and a bit of apple juice because I like my juice with water. But feel free to alter this to your taste! just keep in mind: the more ginger, the spicier the taste.


That was a simple and fast one for today - keep your eyes peeled for next weeks post which is already in the making! I haven't fully decided on the dish yet but it looks like we're going for a treat. You just have to reward yourself every once in a while.

until then - juice away!


xx
-L

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen