Dienstag, 12. Januar 2016

Breakfast Special pt. 3 - Porrdige and apple




This is the latest addition to my breakfast routine. A gorgeous porridge topped with mashed cinnamon-y apple and flax seeds.



I usually don't go for mashed fruit because the texture sets me off. But this tastes so good it got me used to the texture quite quickly.
For this delicious, nutritious and healthy breakfast you will need:

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 water
  • 1 apple
  • cinnamon
  • agave sirup for sweetness


First of all, I like my oat meal cooked and hot. If you prefer to let them soak overnight, go for it. So once you've got your oats set, put them in a bowl then proceed to peel and slice an apple. Put the apple slices in a saucepan, add a little water and bring to the boil. Add cinnamon and agave sirup. After a few minutes the apple slices will start so soften. You then take a potato masher and mash the apple slices until smooth. Put everything in a bowl and top it with flax seed.


On friday we'll move on from breakfast to a wonderful hearty dinner soup perfect for the colder days.
See you then!

xx
-L

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen