Sonntag, 17. Januar 2016

In love with the lentils




The cold season is upon us and has us pull our scarfs tighter. But luckily you can also get warmth from the inside. And today I'm gonna teach you how to get that...



There are countless ways to process lentils and you should embrace every single one of them because lentils are known for containing a lot of protein and fiber. Although a friend of mine told me they lack two essential amino acids which you can replace with rye bread or rice. But I'm not taking credit for that and, to be honest, I'm not too interested in nutrition. Flavour comes first. Always has. Always will.

Lentil soup is one of my favourite winter-y dishes. It warms you right up and provides you with the energy to face the cold. 


You will need (serves 2):

  • 1 cup lentils (any colour)
  • 1 finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrots
  • vegetable stock
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • malt vinegar to taste
Instructions:
sautée onions with a bit of oil. Add lentils. Add celery. Add carrots. Add vegetable broth and let it simmer for a good 20 minutes. Lastly, add cumin and vinegar.

See? that wasn't too difficult. I like to keep my recipes simple because I just don't have hours and hours of spare time for cooking. 

Also delicious on the next day after the ingredients had time to set.

I hope you enjoyed my quick healthy little lentil soup.

xx
-L

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen