Montag, 25. Januar 2016

Pumpkin Puff Pastry Squares







I only recently found out that most puff pastries you can get in germany are, in fact, VEGAN. So I went and got myself a sheet for experimenting. Here's what I came up with...


Pumpkin Season may be over but that didn't stop me from including it in any dish I can think of. Last week I made a delicious pumpkin curry (recipe coming soon) but since you never quite use up a whole pumpkin I had to get creative with the leftovers. 
luckily, I had just stocked up on puff pastry and that got me thinking.
After an intense session on Pinterest I had found the perfect recipe and I just have to share it with you.

You will need:


  • 1 sheet of vegan puff pastry
  • 1/2 Squash (type: Hokkaido) 
  • 2 onions
  • thyme (fresh or dried)
  • vegan cream cheese (just to spread across the sheet)
  • non-dairy milk (So the pastry won't burn)




Instructions:
Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Cut Pumpkin into arches (see above) and lay them out on a baking tray. Add a splash of olive oil and sprinkle with thyme leafs and salt and pepper before baking for a good 20 minutes or until softened. Cut the onions into slices and sautée them until soft. In the meantime, cut the puff pastry into 10 equal squares and spread a little vegan cream cheese right in the center of every square. Once the pumpkin is soft, cut the arches into cubes and put them in the center of your puff pastry squares. Add caramelised onions and add even more thyme. Lastly, coat the pastry with any non-dairy milk. Put everything in your oven and let it bake for 25 minutes at 200°C (392°F).



That's it! Easy and DELICIOUS puss pastry squares. What are your favourite recipes including puff pastry? Have you ever tried it at all?
I hope you liked this little recipe it's perfect for leftover pumpkin so it won't go to waste.
That's it from me for this week. See you next week!

xx
-L




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen