Montag, 1. Februar 2016

Selfmade Ravioli filled with sweet potato and spinach

Here's my recipe for deliciously filled home made ravioli...



I honestly can't remember the last time I had filled pasta. When i was a vegetarian I used to have it all the time but I never really liked the vegan alternatives. So I decided to make my own. I invited some friends over who hadn't made homemade pasta and who I thought would enjoy the procedure.
I made the pasta dough in the morning so it could get a good rest.



For the Pasta (serves 3):
1 cup semolina
2 cups plain flour
3 table spoons olive oil
1 cup water
pinch of sea salt

I put the semolina and the plain flour into a mixing bowl, created a hole in the middle and added the wet ingredients before kneading the dough for a good 10 minutes. After that I put it in the freezer (min. 30 minutes)

I then left the house to meet a friend and go shopping for food together. When we came home the dough was all set and done and we used a pasta machine to roll out the dough nice and flat.

In the meantime, I cooked the sweet potato until soft and added the baby spinach. I had some spare vegan cream cheese in the fridge so that went in as well, but I think it hardly made any difference.


For the filling:

1 diced sweet potato 
1 cup baby spinach
1/4 cup vegan cream cheese


 After that, we used a special ravioli device to seal the pasta properly to boil it for two minutes afterwards.
lastly, we cooked up a simple sage butter sauce and drizzled it gently on top of the ravioli. I chose that simple sauce because I wanted the ravioli to be the focus. Feel free to use any sauce you prefer.

Sauce:
1/2 cup non-dairy butter
fresh sage


Making our own pasta was great fun and worth the effort. If you only plan on cooking for yourself, I'm not too sure you will find this procedure as rewarding. It's pretty time-consuming. But if you want to impress your friends and have a nice little meal together, this is just the recipe for you. 
We used the spare dough to make spagetti which my friend took home with her.








 My friends (one vegan and one omnivore) loved our pasta and were pretty proud of what we had achieved. So, now you're up to impress your friends and let me know how they liked it!

enjoy!

xx
-L









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen